Restoring a Kubota B20 Tractor – Part 3

Getting back into this project. We have moved since I started this project and now have a garage bay I can use to continue working on the tractor. I was never able to get it to fully fired up. It would sputter and almost catch but never quite start. I finally did a compression check and was seeing low compression on all three cylinders, with one very low. I am guessing there was some engine damage due to overheating issues it was having back when it was running last.

Since it is going to need a rebuild of some sort, we loaded it up on my trailer and brought it back to my house where I can work on it in the garage.

Loaded Kubota B20 onto trailer.

Once back at my house, I needed to figure out a way to raise the bucket and hold it there so it wouldnt guoge the concrete. Many of the hoses are leaking, so I needed an external way to hold it up. I used a floor jack to lift the bucket off the ground, and a scrap board placed into the linkage to prevent the hydraulic cylinder from collapsing back down worked very well!

Lifting and holding bucket up with no power and leaking hoses.

Safely in the garage so I can start the engine tear down.

Kubota B20 before engine tear down.

She has definitely seen some wear, and sitting outside has taken a toll too. These pics will hopefully serve as some good “before” pics once I get it back up and running and cleaned up!

Kubota B20 weathered seat.
Kubota B20 weathered engine compartment.
Kubota B20 weathered 3 point hitch

Click here for Part 4 on the Kubota B20 rebuild.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *