I am using my Kubota B20 front end loader to cut in some new storm ditches and install culverts alongside my driveway and access roads. I made a custom tooth bar similar to the Piranha Bar out of scrap steel, and it has been working very well.
A while back I picked up a new piece of machinery to help with many of our projects. It is not what I was originally looking for. I had been looking for a backhoe attachment for my Kubota tractor. The Kubota B20 was designed to be a TLB (Tractor / Loader / Backhoe) and has a frame integrated quick attach system designed for the matching BT650 backhoe unit. This is more solid and preferable to 3 point mounted units. The added weight due to this frame design makes them surprisingly capable and the backhoe units for them rarely come up for sale.Continue reading Bringing Home a CASE 360 Trencher Backhoe
Loading your tractor tires with windshield washer fluid is an easy upgrade giving more traction, better hill stability, and additional weight / ballast. This is also helps with using a front end loader. I decided to use windshield washer fluid since it is inexpensive, easy to obtain, will not freeze, and will not corrode the wheels like calcium and some of the other wheel ballast options.
I have posted an update to the Kubota B20 restoration thread in the forum. This update includes details on the broken steering column and the front axle oil leak, both of which I discovered during the first run / engine break in. More photos and details in the forum post!
Next up is finishing up the wiring and then finally painting the hood & front loader.
Video progress update!
First startup after initial 30-minute run-in and head bolts re-torqued. Now starting to apply load to break in the engine and seat the piston rings.
This is the first time the tractor has moved under its own power in many years! Entire chassis has been split, separated, cleaned up, restored and painted.
I just posted several updates to the Kubota B20 project thread in the forum. I had hoped the next update was going to be of a running engine, but instead it’s more tear down pics and photos of cracks in the cylinder head that I missed the first time around.